(Work place: Mirabel, Blainville)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-04The incumbent supports the general manager and/or the manager(s) of a small-sized caisse in carrying out various administrative support and secretarial activities, as per managers' detailed instructions. He or she assists with carrying out management activities, as needed.
More specifically, you will support the Human Resources Advisor and the Auditing and Business Process Control Manager in carrying out various administrative support and secretarial duties in keeping with detailed instructions from managers and the Human Resources Advisor. You will spend most of your time performing duties relating to Human Resources (HR).
The Caisse Desjardins de l’Envolée is located in the large area encompassing Blainville, Mirabel and Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines. It serves 34,685 members and has 106 employees working in 3 service centres. The caisse’s assets stand at $2.3 billion, with $1.1 billion in personal loans and in business loans and $1.2 billion million in on- and off-balance sheet savings. It serves a market with strong savings and credit development potential.
- Support the Human Resources Advisor in planning and coordinating HR activities and processes.
- Perform various administrative tasks relating to HR process management (e.g., monitoring employee records, the dashboard, staffing, training, the organizational chart, compilation tables, disability claims, incoming and outgoing employee records, etc.).
- Perform all payroll processing and monitoring duties. Serve as liaison with the Shared Services Centre–Payroll.
- Serve as a contact for employees with questions regarding payroll and their employee record.
- Perform various secretarial duties including drafting, formatting, updating, creating and revising various documents and media.
- Produce various documents used by employees and/or managers.
- Manage documents and update records relating to HR (e.g., filing, purging and storage) in accordance with current internal practices and regulations.
- Participate in the logistical organization of various events (e.g., onboarding session for new employees, meetings, training, staffing, recruiting events).
- Contact potential candidates and respond to their questions.
- Help onboard and integrate new employees.
Auditing and Business Process Control
- Carry out administrative support tasks for the Auditing and Business Process Control Manager.
- Perform secretarial duties, compile and process statistical data.
- Provide support relating to internal control and savings and investment compliance (e.g., audit and monitor MFR files based on requirements, monitor deadlines, etc.).
- Distribute information on compliance, standards, and work procedures.
Other working condition
- Schedule: Remain available to work full-time (35 hours) over a 5-day period for a normal work week, i.e., from Monday to Saturday.
- Work location: Generally at the Blainville service centre located at 1070 boul. Curé-Labelle, Blainville, QC, J7C 2M7.
- Travel: You must be available to work as needed in the caisse’s other service centres located in Mirabel (Saint-Janvier) and Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines.
- Number of job available : 1
- Trade school diploma in a related field
- Two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency with office and Web tools (an essential asset)
- Knowledge of French spelling and grammar (an essential asset)
- Understanding of the philosophy and operations of a financial services cooperative
- Understanding of telephone protocol
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability
Caisse populaire Desjardins de l'Envolée