(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05As an administrative assistant, you help carry out administrative activities for your sector. You provide administrative and secretarial support to a director or manager reporting to a vice-president. You also provide administrative support to other members of your unit as needed. You help coordinate, plan and prioritize your unit’s management activities. You interact with many different stakeholders. You proactively and independently make decisions and carry out tasks in accordance with your superior’s administrative needs. The ability to communicate effectively and tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential.
More specifically, you will work in the property and casualty insurance legal affairs sector.
- Perform various secretarial duties, including drafting, formatting, updating, creating and editing information documents generated by various sectors.
- Perform various internal management administrative tasks (e.g., monitoring expense accounts, managing inventory and equipment, conducting performance evaluations).
- Support the manager in managing and monitoring their schedule, phone calls, emails and mail.
- Prepare for and attend various meetings, including those of the Management Committee. Take minutes and follow up with any business that arises.
- Participate in organizing logistics for various events (e.g., team meetings, committees, general meetings, travel, public relations activities).
- Take part in preparing the annual budget and monitoring the budget throughout the year (analysis and justification of discrepancies).
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available: 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Experience in the legal sector
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance sector (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability
Complexe Desjardins Montréal