(Work place: Laval)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05As an administrative assistant, you help carry out administrative activities for your sector. You provide administrative and secretarial support to a director or manager reporting to a vice-president. You also provide administrative support to other members of your unit as needed. You help coordinate, plan and prioritize your unit’s management activities. You interact with many different stakeholders. You proactively and independently make decisions and carry out tasks in accordance with your superior’s administrative needs. The ability to communicate effectively and tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential.
You support the Director of Communications in the management of the reports related to donations and sponsorships.
Caisse Desjardins de l‘Ouest de Laval is located in Laval and serves close to 24,000 members. Our assets stand at $903 million and we have a business volume of $ 2 billions. Our market stands apart because of its business development potential. The caisse has 70 employees at 2 service centre locations.
- Carry out secretarial tasks (draft, revise, update and format documents for various departments, etc.).
- Carry out internal administrative tasks (e.g., sales tracking, dashboards, expense reports, inventory management, performance reviews, etc.).
- Help your superior manage their agenda, mail, emails and phone calls.
- Plan and attend management committee and other meetings. Draft reports and minutes and follow up as needed.
- Help organize event logistics (meetings, travel, public relations activities, etc.).
- Help prepare the unit’s annual budget. Monitor the budget throughout the year and analyze and explain variances.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Trade school diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English (required)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability
Caisse Desjardins de l'Ouest de Laval