Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Administrative Assistant, Taxation. This job is permanent, full-time.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to excel in administrative support in a role that allows you to work in a dynamic and evolving discipline? If you also offer solid budgeting and time-management skills, attention to detail and strong writing and coordination experience, this job may be ideal for you.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice-President, Taxation and to all other members of the Tax Department;
- Prepare presentation material for Board Meeting, Audit Committee and other Management meetings;
- Assist in preparation of budgets, and continuous budget-to-actual tracking;
- Distribute incoming mail and prioritize actionable items for processing;
- Maintain different accesses for tax department personnel;
- Ensure efficient transfer and reception of documents;
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements and Tax Department meetings; Manage calendar entries for Vice-President, Taxation;
- Maintain tax library and ensure continued access by all tax department personnel;
- Process all tax consulting invoices;
- Oversee mailing / filing of all income and indirect tax filings;
- Prepare cheque requests for tax payments;
- Preparation of various Power of Attorney requests for US federal and state tax purposes, Provincial and Federal government;
- Track and reconcile tax department procurement purchases; process invoices; prepare and track department expense reports.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Taxation, you will be part of a motivated team whose members work together to exceed expectations.
- Administrative Assistant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years relevant experience;
- Written and oral proficiency in both official languages, with excellent grammar skills;
- Expert knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes, SAP or other ERP system a plus.
- Team player with strong work ethic;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Effective organizational and managerial, inter-personal and excellent bilingual communication skills;
- Background in legal or tax professional setting, an asset.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.