Are you bilingual, well organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment with often-conflicting deadlines? If so, this exciting role with Canada Post is for you.
As Administrative Coordinator – Engineering and Maintenance, you will provide comprehensive administrative support for the efficient operation of the Director’s organization, and serve as an information and communications resource with employees, union representatives, customers and local, regional and national management at Canada Post.
Working in partnership with other members of the team, you will ensure the timely, effective delivery of key activities by determining the schedule, preparing materials, maintaining a timeline and following up with key stakeholders. The Director will rely on you to respond to general staff inquiries and requests, create meeting and project calendars, maintain a master filing system (electronic and/or manual) for the office, make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, and assist in managing the budget, including accounting, record-keeping and reporting. As required, you will also undertake special projects, and provide on-the-job training and orientation to new staff.
This entry-level position will give you the opportunity to engage in work assignments designed to challenge and increase your understanding of the organization, and participate in training and professional development initiatives to enhance effectiveness and increase knowledge.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Administrative Coordinator – Engineering and Maintenance:
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of post-secondary (college/university) courses may be required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to work with general equipment such as desktops, fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, video conferencing and telephone systems.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with tight and often unpredictable or conflicting deadlines.
- Proficiency in English AND French.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this permanent, full-time position (Job ID 16034) via the Canada Post Careers website, click on the following URL:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.