(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As Business Strategies Advisor for the Desjardins Group Support Functions IT Division, you will lead and influence the sector and various stakeholders on files that involve interdepartmental strategic and complex input and development. In this regard, you will contribute to developing, recommending and implementing strategic orientations.
You will help develop planning and monitoring activities, track plans and performance, and identify improvement opportunities. The cross-sector and comprehensive nature of the files will require extensive expertise and proven leadership.
You will make and coordinate recommendations on the development and execution of operationally complex initiatives or projects that require analysis and a comprehensive understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination will be critical, and you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields. You will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Spearhead, coordinate, support and track the Division’s internal strategic and transformational mandates, working with partners from Desjardins Group’s various sectors.
- Ensure that stakeholders are aligned and coordinated for projects and operations via meetings or events, and monitor the timely achievement of set objectives with support from resources as required.
- Advise and assist the Division to ensure that Desjardins Group’s strategic and decision-making initiatives and meetings have the necessary impact.
- Prepare, produce and coordinate strategic deliverables for various committees with senior management, decision-making bodies or partners.
- Provide leadership in defining objectives and managing performance.
- Support and coach managers and seasoned professionals, and follow up on the progress of work and projects. Engage people from different units by creating a positive and motivating work environment.
- Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins when negotiating and committing to agreements with partners and external organizations.
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or an appropriate field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience in information technology strategy and management
- Experience in playing an influential role with senior management
- Experience in a role involving executive-level presentations
- Coordination or management experience
- Experience in a consulting or management firm (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of information technology
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal