(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a Development and Management Information advisor, you help extract data and produce reports and indicators for the organization by developing and administering information systems. You analyze and adapt management systems based on the organization’s changing needs. You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Design, document and implement management applications and information requests using the information structure and databases, operations tools and software that are appropriate for an information environment.
- Administer the request bank and ensure that it is updated based on information changes.
- Analyze clients’ needs and direct clients to the information access modes that are the most likely to adequately meet their needs.
- Analyze, integrate and propose solutions in line with department processes and company initiatives that can draw on or contribute to the information environment.
- Respond to requests and verify the quality of the results.
- Make all information accessible to users via reports, operations tools and the request bank, in keeping with users’ evolving needs.
- Develop the plans as well as the training programs and activities regarding tools and information, and make the training available based on the needs of the clientele.
- Facilitate various committees that come under their unit’s responsibility.
Other working conditions
- Place of work: Lévis or Montréal, depending on the preference of the person selected
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Experience in advanced VBA and SAS programming (a major asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of the group insurance sector (a major asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and VBA), SAS under MVS and SAS Grid
- Knowledge of analytic tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
150, rue des Commandeurs Lévis