(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior business intelligence advisor, you help develop and use tools and methods to collect, compile, model and restore the organization’s physical and non-physical data to establish governance, help decisionmakers understand the big picture and inform decisions. You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
- Monitor and anticipate trends in your field to ensure best practices are developed for the organization.
- Identify and analyze major problems and issues. Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to those involved.
- Coordinate, as required, a team of professionals and oversee their development.
- You will serve not only as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field (data, programming and Power BI), but also as a contact and coach for your colleagues.
- Possess a deep knowledge of programming (SAS, SQL) and Power BI.
- Lead the distribution networks and coordinate the deliverables for the activities under our responsibility.
- Develop work methods and model data structures.
- Advise the distribution networks and, as coach, integrate management resources.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Strategic mindset, Work processes
Complexe Desjardins Montréal