(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09The mission of the Desjardins Foundation is to help young people stay in school and do well academically. The Foundation is looking for an advisor to develop and coordinate its scholarship and awards programs.As advisor, you will help design and improve processes and organize activities and operations through every step of the program, from the call for nominations to the presentation of awards, and you will make sure that operations run smoothly.You will serve as an advisor and coach for applicants, volunteers and both internal and external partners as part of various intervention and development mandates for the Foundation. You will propose solutions for improving or optimizing standards, technical tools and programs. The nature of the files and projects calls for knowledge of the specifics of the program and its stakeholders, as well as good verbal and written communication skills.You will do analyses, make recommendations, and draft and implement solutions and action plans in line with the organization’s orientations and objectives. You will help solve complex problems that require analysis and an in-depth understanding of the line of business. Coordination is critical, and you will be called upon to interact with various stakeholders who work in complementary areas of expertise. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.You will coordinate the planning, design and execution of Foundation programs. You will ensure that best practices are followed and support the work teams.
- You will help draw up and implement strategies for building Desjardins Foundation programs aimed at keeping young people in school and helping them do well academically.
- Plan, coordinate and lead operations that will make each program step successful.
- Liaise with the various stakeholders to develop technological tools. Document and prioritize changing needs. Help analyze solutions. Conduct tests and coordinate the groundwork for calls for nominations.
- Recruit, train and coach volunteer judges. Create tools for training volunteers and monitoring their activities. Facilitate discussion groups and both in-person and virtual meetings, making sure information is transmitted clearly.
- Coach caisses, partners or other stakeholders in aligning programs with their own activities, working in members’ interests, ensuring consistency and promoting actions to support young people and communities.
- Monitor the market in order to stay abreast of opportunities, trends and best practices. Make recommendations as to the relevance of actions and the future of programs.
- Set up a plan to maintain contact with the winners and to ensure it is successful.
- Take the lead on specific projects or mandates in the field of expertise.
- Represent the Desjardins Foundation with partners or external organizations.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, business administration, project management, education or any other pertinent discipline
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Experience in project management or program or services development (would be an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of and interest in the field of education
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent command of written French
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns
Complexe Desjardins Montréal