Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For his finance department, Ville de Laval is looking for:
Agent (E) S Taxation
The service of finances, as well as Expert of the municipal financial function, accompanies and influences all decision-makers and stakeholders to make the best decisions in a healthy public fund management approach. As a business partnerDynamic and creative, it aims for excellence in providing services to all its internal and external clients, with respect for the normative framework and in accordance with best governance practices.
The challenges that await you:
You will perform various jobs relating to the taxation and perception of taxes and other income as well than the transmission of relevant information.
- You will inform the public at the counter or on the phone, will get the relevant information, discuss with the taxpayer to settle Its taxes of taxes and assist it in its efforts and if applicable, you will take the required arrangements for tax adjustments and payments in accordance with established standards;
- you prepare, from requests written information and in accordance with established standards, relevant correspondence and transmit it At the applicant;
- You will perform various research with the various services of the city to solve tax adjustment requests;
- you prepare, from various information, the documents and information used for various bills and pricing such as: false alarms, swimming pool rates, etc. ;
- You will enter into the system, from the issuer's certificate issuance and the adoption of municipal bylaws as well as various supporting documents, the adjustments required to change the role of perception;
- You will perform the necessary research to obtain the useful information for sending accounts and tax states and modifies the postal addresses if applicable;
- You prepare for validation and recording for taxes and other income.
The desired profile:
- instruction acquired at the end of a DEC in accounting
- own one year of customer service and payment adjustment experience.
- have experience in cash duty;
- Show autonomy, minutia and rigor;
- have a keen sense of customer service;
- have excellent knowledge of French, spoken and written and good Knowledge of English;
- Master the software of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Here's what we offer you:
- A work schedule of 4 days week, for 33 hours a week, to reconcile Work and personal life;
- a salary starting at $ 38,640.58 / year.
The selection process includes different steps such as:
- an oral English test;
- a written English test;
- an Excel test;
- a review on the technical notions connectedSpecifically at the Taxation Agent (E) station
- an interview;
- pre-employment checks.
The city of Laval is continually looking for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The city is committed to providing you with a stimulating workplace!
Take part in the change now and apply online before the 1st of April by going on our Website:
The city of Laval applies a program of access to equality employed. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of special arrangements necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.