(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a business development advisor, you help develop plans and business intelligence; monitor business plans and performance; set targets; identify opportunities to improve service delivery; and design and deliver business strategies and solutions aligned with the business architecture of various initiatives, including the organizational transformation and shift. You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
In this role, you will act as a business development advisor for the network of mortgage representatives in the Desjardins Mortgage Financing Service (DMFS) of the Island of Montreal and the North Shore. You will provide coaching support to a team of representatives, and you will help develop the mortgage market of caisses in your sector.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working conditions
- Workplace: home office
- Schedule: the person will be called upon to participate in business development activities outside normal Desjardins office hours.
- Travel: about 60% of the time on the territory of the Island of Montreal & North Shore
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Familiar with mortgage marketing strategies (brokerage) and issues of regions served (an asset), Knowledge of mortgage credit (an asset), Knowledge of the caisse network and Desjardins products and services (an asset), Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
7755, boul. Louis-H.-Lafontaine Anjou