Aligo is a company that promotes university research and aims to create economic wealth by maximizing the chances of success in the technological transfer of inventions and innovations from several universities in Quebec, namely the University of Quebec. in Montreal, Concordia University, École de technologie supérieure, Université du Québec à Rimouski, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Université du Québec en Outaouais , McGill University, Université de Sherbrooke and Bishop's University.
The technology transfer process involves transferring a usable research result to a company or any other type of market player socioeconomic. Aligo provides its academic partners and their affiliated entities with financial and human resources to accelerate and facilitate the commercialization of high-potential technologies free of third-party rights. Through its knowledge of the industry and its network, Aligo thus contributes to the efforts already in place in the ecosystem in order to promote the emergence of spin offs and the competitiveness of existing companies through the transfer of intellectual property which can take different forms. .
Our office located in downtown Montreal offers our staff modern work areas. Our organization evolves in a friendly working atmosphere that allows our employees to stand out and surpass themselves. In addition, we offer a range of attractive benefits, including the possibility of working from telework.
For more information on Aligo Innovation, please visit:.
The management of Aligo Innovation wishes to fill a new strategic position for the organization, namely, that of director, finance and administration. >
Reporting to the President and CEO, the candidate is responsible for coordinating all of the company's financial services, such as accounting, insurance, budget, credit and cash. In addition, the candidate is responsible for coordinating the administrative tasks of the office, including the management of human resources and IT systems.
Role and responsibilities
More specifically, the director, finance and administration will have the main responsibilities:
Finance and accounting
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements as well as month-end entries;
- Analyze the results;
- Prepare the budget and monitor and control it;
- Carry out project-based accounting;
- Carry out activities relating to external accounting verification;
- Ensure the supervision of activities relating to customer billing, accounts payable and monitoring of license contracts;
- Prepare the accounting positioning of investment projects in collaboration with business development directors (for example, updating Aligo Fund investment files);
- Intervening with funding organizations, helping with writing grant applications (government subsidy program of Quebec and others);
- Act as a resource person with the bank and financial partners.
- Coordinate activities related to human resources: payroll issuance, administer the group insurance plan, administrative monitoring of hirings and departures;
- Managecontractual links with the staff hired for specific mandates;
- Manage material resources, control purchases, ensure good development of the IT infrastructure;
- Contribute to the establishment and the execution of service agreements, including finance and accounting services, with existing partners or with new institutional or private partners;
- Ensure compliance with laws, codes, standards, procedures, individual contracts, regulations and directives, both in terms of financial and material management and human resources.
Board of directors and committee 'audit
- Present to the members of the board of directors the quarterly results;
- Coordinate the holding of various committees such as board of directors and audit, prepare and send the relevant documents.
CPA (CA) title
Experience and key skills
The incumbent will be a dynamic person, resourceful, able to take on challenges and whose leadership is united. This person has a collegial approach.
- Knowledge of the legal structure of a limited partnership;
- Knowledge of forms of investment in pre-seed and business seed (for example, debenture);
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with different stakeholders in a complex environment that brings together academia, business, finance, entrepreneurship and politics
Targeted entry into office: as soon as possible