Display number: 19-20 / 026
Job Category: Administrative Staff Office
Employment status: Replacement - 12 months
Class / Salary: Executive Assistant - Senior Manager / $ 46,920 to $ 64,316
Service: Strategic Development and Resources Branch
Duration and Hours: 35 hours / week, Monday to Friday
Start of the term: June 2019
Deadline to apply: May 19, 2019, at 5 pm
Link to apply:
Who are we?
The École de technologie supérieure is an institution of the Université du Québec offering bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in engineering. Located in Griffintown, at the junction of Old Montreal and downtown, within walking distance of the metro and train stations Lucien-Lallier and Bonaventure, ÉTS offers, in addition to a competitive salary and a generous pension fund, several advantages.
- Group insurance;
- Up to 21 days vacation per year;
- 4-day summer schedule;
- Access to a discounted rate at its on-campus or on-site sports center;
- Public Transit Incentive Program: 3-month discount on annual subscription;
- Competitively priced car and bike parking;
- Access to the various corporate agreements of the School;
- CPE on site, and many other benefits.
Under the direction of the immediate superior or immediate supervisor, assumes various administrative tasks of varied and complex nature with his management. Plans and organizes secretarial activities in his sector and follows up on specific operations that result. Liaises with management and academic and academic units of the School or with external partners and agencies. Responds within the scope of his responsibilities to routine files and ensures the continuity of certain operations, in the absence of the superior person.
- Receives people who turn to his management and responds to their requests; provides information on the files of its management, on the policies and regulations of the School and, to a certain extent, on global or strategic issues or on any other subject concerning its direction; do the necessary research, validate information or information with various stakeholders or refer people to the appropriate officials.
- Provides the necessary communications and information exchange with officials in the various units of the School, universities, other educational institutions, government departments or various regional, provincial and international organizations.
- Coordinate logistics related to the preparation of meetings or committees held by the superior; researches and collects relevant information pertaining thereto; if necessary, attend certain meetings, take note of the proceedings, draft the minutes and submit them to the superior for approval; inform the relevant officials of the decisions and follow up on these meetings.
- Assume the coordination and follow-up of certain files related to the activities of his sector; take the appropriate steps to ensure that it is carried out according to the path and the deadlines; submit the outstanding files to the superior at the appropriate time.
- Acquire mail, do custom checks, process requests according to priorities anddisseminate appropriate information or information; write correspondence, letters or documents necessary for the follow-up; in the absence of the superior, assess the importance of the requests, rule those that do not require his intervention and route the most urgent to those responsible.
- Manages the agenda of the senior person, plans and coordinates their schedule of activities; organizes the logistics of meetings, travel and business trips.
- maintains the information systems necessary for the operations of its management and contributes to their development in order to improve their efficiency and operations; prepares reports and compiles statistics; collaborates in the administration of the unit's budget, checks and controls expenses.
- Prepares documents for dissemination and presentation, participates in the production of various administrative reports and ensures the technical organization using appropriate technologies (microcomputer or other).
- Assumes responsibility for the management of the documents inherent to the activities of his sector, deals with strategic information and large files.
- Prepares management expense reports, payment requests, supplies orders, professional services contracts, etc.
Education: Diploma of professional studies, secretarial option.
Experience : Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of French spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software (pdf);
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Team spirit and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Ability to manage multiple active folders at the same time;
- Precision and attention to detail;
- Great discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Flexibility and great learning ability;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (asset).