(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11You will act as acts as an expert advisor in the analysis, approval and recommendation of complex and strategic financial files. You will process some files directly, but you will also act as resource person for your colleagues and business lines. You will report to and support the director with various mandates and file processing and must be able to meet deadlines in spite of a volume of transactions that is occasionally quite high.
- Maintain consistency and balance between Desjardins Group's risk appetite, the client's needs and those of the business lines.
- Personally process or support the advisors in the processing of highly complex files with commitments varying from $10 to $150 million, taking all risk variables into consideration (most financing initiatives are between $30 and $50 million).
- Prepare and present recommendations for large-scale initiatives to the Desjardins Group Credit Committee.
- Have a personal approval limit of up to $25 million and serve as second signatory.
- Support the director in various mandates and tasks related to team and volume management.
- Find solutions acceptable to all stakeholders for complex and often strategic financing initiatives for a business unit.
- Serve as resource person for professionals within the division and the network, specifically in negotiating files with greater complexity, higher risk or a specific problem.
- Work with different client groups (business centres, FCDQ, etc.) and add value by providing market information, advice on risk appetite for certain types of transactions, analysis quality, etc.
- Participate in initiatives that will help the administrative department reach the objectives set out in its strategic plan.
- Serve as leader in your field of expertise for both the organization and market. Keep abreast of the latest knowledge regarding your field of expertise and contribute to its evolution.
- Ensure monitoring to maintain a high level of expertise and contribute to the implementation of a continuous improvement process.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in administration, accounting or finance
- Master's degree in administration, accounting or finance (an asset)
- A minimum of eight years of experience in medium-sized business financing
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Knowledge of bank syndication financing (an asset), Proficiency written and spoken English and French (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Communicates effectively, Complexity, Decision quality, Financial acumen, Interpersonal Savvy, Organizational savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
1170, rue Peel Montréal