(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11The Desjardins Group Pension Plan (DGPP), Canada’s fifth largest private pension fund, manages an asset portfolio of close to $20 billion.As Portfolio Manager, you will develop and implement strategies as well as an investment plan for the portfolios under your management, as approved by the Investment Committee. You will manage and monitor investments and portfolios under your responsibility and monitor the DGPP’s financial performance in accordance with the strategic orientations and decisions made by the Investment Committee.You will work for the Desjardins Group Pension Plan and report directly to the Vice-President.
- Develop and implement on an annual basis specific investment strategies and the overall investment plan for portfolios under your management.
- Oversee the due diligence work leading to the provision of appropriate recommendations made to the Investment Committee concerning investments.
- Manage and monitor investments under your responsibility, attend advisory committees and/or boards of directors of funds and direct investments, if applicable, and carry out follow-up and reporting activities.
- Execute the sectoral investment plan to obtain added-value transactions for the DGPP.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the performances of portfolio investments, analyze transactions and make appropriate recommendations to the Investment Committee.
- Search for and develop new direct or co-investment vehicles in harmony with the DGPP’s investment policies and objectives.
- Create and ensure updating of performance management reports regarding the DGPP’s accounting and financial activities.
- Keep up to date on the market trends and specific sectors involved by participating in conventions, seminars and other activities.
Other working conditions
- Frequent international travel
- Work place: Levis or Montreal, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of jobs available : 2
- Bachelor's degree in administration, (Finance option) or in a related field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of experience in Private Equity / Real Estate
- Master’s degree in finance (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold the CFA, CPA, MBA
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of private placements and real estate
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
Caisse Desjardins de Lévis