The Commission scolaire des Grandes-Seigneuries (CSDGS) is looking to fill 6 full-time positions as computer operators, to join the team of its Service des technologies de Information (STI).
The Information Technology Service is a dynamic team focused on providing the best service for student success. The STI is changing, wants to be innovative and tends to use good market practices (ITIL, Agile, DevSecOps, IAAS, SAAS, PAAS, mobile development, Azure, etc.) in order to meet the growing demands of the CSDGS and thus be a key player in this transformation.
In this context, STI is looking for a new resourceful, collaborative player who wants to be part of an evolving organization and who will set up as soon as possible year, the schools of tomorrow.
Nature of the work
The job of operator consists in assisting the users of technological equipment either in person or distance, in particular to help them with hardware or software problems and also to install and configure hardware or software in accordance with standardized procedures.
Some characteristic attributes
As part of the digital shift that organizations are taking to stimulate innovation in education, the job of operator will be to:
- Install and configure technological equipment and their associated equipment ;
- Connect the technological equipment and ensure their compatibility. Including installing computer components such as cards, memory modules or network components;
- Configure, clean, maintain and carry out minor repairs to technological equipment in administrative departments and schools;
- Install, configure and upgrade software and house programs according to generally standardized procedures;
- Use, among other things, utility software to locate and solve problems;
- Perform backup, compression or destruction of files on various media and transfer of data between various workstations or organizations;
- Perform tasks on networks according to specific instructions;
- Respond to requests for assistance in person or remotely to users and provide the relevant information; if necessary, go to the site to perform hardware and software troubleshooting or refer them to qualified persons or suppliers;
- Perform the entry, updating of inventories and data related to activities of the service;
- Introduce new computer operators, class I, to work as well as coordinate the work of support staff;
- If necessary, she accomplishes any other related task.
Our service works in an environment where teamwork, initiative and solution mode are valued. With us, it will be possible to touch on several stimulating projects and to propose innovative ideas that will have the chance to flourish through our bouquet of services.
Roles and responsibilities
- Have a valid driver's license and be available to travel within the territory of the School Board;
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and use language accessible to users;
- Have a good customer approach, be versatile, empathetic and professional;
- Have theability to analyze a situation and find an effective solution;
- Have the ability to work in a team;
- Have the ability to work under stress;
- Any other related task.
Hold a professional studies diploma in IT support or hold a diploma or a certificate of studies whose equivalence is recognized by the competent authority and have two years of relevant experience.
Between $ 20.76 and $ 23.22 / time, according to the collective agreement in force.
Submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button by January 10, 2020 before 4 p.m.
The Commission scolaire des Grandes-Seigneuries (CSDGS) is engaged in a program of access to equal employment and invites women, visible and ethnic minorities, SFMON htones and people with disabilities to apply.
The CSDGS thanks all applicants for their interest, but will only communicate with those selected. No acknowledgment of receipt will be sent.