Description The City of Terrebonne, an employer of choice, is currently looking to complement its team of nearly 1,200 employees who work every day to make Terrebonne a dynamic and attractive city. A thriving municipality that now has nearly 115,000 citizens, Terrebonne is the 10th largest municipality in Quebec.
Do challenging projects get you going? Join our exciting team without delay and help build a quality living environment by applying for the job:
Regular post full time
Registry and Legal Affairs Directorate
Reporting to the immediate supervisor, the incumbent prepares all procedural documents pertaining to the civil, criminal or other tribunals and writes any act of correspondence required by his superior. He makes sure to obtain the documents or legal documents required and necessary for the performance of his tasks.
- Develop, on an Excel spreadsheet, a schedule for the follow-up and timeliness of each file;
- Conduct research with the various stakeholders to obtain information and / or the various documents needed to complete the files;
- Review and proofread documents from different professionals to ensure compliance with instructions received and grammatical usage;
- Conduct a summary analysis of the index to the buildings, the survey of the computerized center of companies, a cadastral map and others;
- Prepare draft contracts or agreements based on the information obtained, according to established models, and monitor them up to the closing date;
- Receive and filter phone calls, take messages and give general information as directed by his immediate superior. Greet visitors, learn about the purpose of their visit, and if necessary, direct them to the people concerned or make appointments. Open the mail, sort it and forward it to the people concerned;
- Perform, from dictation in stenography and / or dictaphone, on word processing, various secretarial works such as e-mails, letters, legal opinions, correspondence, contracts, notices, memoirs, etc. as well as any other document related to the legal field;
- Do general office work such as: filing, photocopying, scanning and assembly of documents, indexing and / or coding;
- Update volumes of legislation and case law;
- Open and maintain the files, record the required data in the software for the follow-up of the legal files (procedure, notice, notice, remembrance, injunction, settlement, resolution etc.) of real nature nature or others and to make the necessary searches and reminders;
- Research case law, doctrine from specific research tools (CanL II, Notarius, SOQUIJ, etc.) and do other searches at the Land Registry, Infolot and various audience roles course when required;
- Complete and / or type different real estate and other acts using the appropriate wording, established rules and legal standards;
- Help secretaries as needed.
- DEP in legal secretary and a minimum of thirty months (30 months) of relevant experience. (Anyother combination of education and experience deemed relevant and equivalent may be considered).
- Very good verbal and written communication in French (test required);
- Mastery of Excel software basic functions (test required);
- Mastery of Word Intermediate Functions (test required);
- Sense of organization and follow-up;
- Autonomy and judgment;
- Sense of customer service;
- Very good verbal communication.
- Working conditions:
The work schedule is Monday to Thursday from 8:15 am to 4:30 pm and Friday from 8:30 am to noon. The working conditions are those provided for in the collective agreement.
To apply, you must apply online by accessing the Ville de Terrebonne website before the closing date of the contest. Select the « white-collar » section, click on the « apply online » button and choose the desired position.
We thank you for your interest, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.