(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-05As a legal assistant, you assist litigation lawyers in the Pelletier D’Amours law firm at Desjardins General Insurance Group.
- Complete documents requiring an attention to detail and specialized legal knowledge (e.g., legal procedures, correspondence, opinions)
- Carry out various operational activities related to the unit's business processes (e.g., conduct research and analysis, follow up on internal and external client requests, route files)
- Manage lawyers' agendas
- Manage and follow up on deadlines for court and legal proceedings
- Manage instructions for bailiffs
- Establish and maintain systems for filing and producing legal documents, in accordance with established principles for managing legal documents and procedures
- Open and distribute mail, email and other documents and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and bodies
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Teleworking position
- Travel: 20% of the time at the Montréal or Lévis site
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that a knowledge of French is required.
- Strong writing skills (spelling and grammar)
- Knowledge of JurisÉvolution (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Complexity, Drive results, Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability
6777, boul. Guillaume-Couture Lévis