(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As Relationship Advisor, Business Data, Processes and Risks, you contribute to the continuous improvement of the Business Services Executive Division. You analyze a variety of data (risk events, project and/or operational developments, regulatory changes, etc.) and will adapt management systems to assess the performance of operations supported by the division under your responsibility. You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic projects and initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic priorities and business positions. The nature of the files requires in-depth and broad expertise in your field, including process performance management, risk and control assessment, and data quality.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with a very large number of stakeholders in a wide range of fields. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential. You must find ways to simplify this complexity and advise your division(s). You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision making bodies. The Business Solutions and Operations Division’s main objective is to meet the needs of its members and clients to remain everyone’s #1 choice. To do so, the large Planning and Solution Coherence Department team supports the entire Business Services team as the first line of defence. The team is committed to increasing the maturity level of documentation and performance monitoring in terms of processes, risk and control assessment, and data quality. As a Relationship Advisor, Business Data, Processes and Risks, you act as an integrator of all changes affecting business processes under your responsibility and that of the division you support.
General Information on the Position
- Foster an integrated management culture to improve overall performance.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze problems. Develop diagnostics and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Closely monitor business results and address major issues.
- Monitor and anticipate trends in your field to ensure best practices are developed for the organization.
- Oversee the development and updating of measurement tools, overall performance indicators, policies, processes and programs in support of your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives.
- Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins in negotiating and entering into agreements with external organizations and partners.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of eight year of relevant experience
- Experience working in project mode (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Lean Six Sigma certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Good knowledge of business operations (banking, financial)
- Familiarity with operational risks and business data
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal