(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As Senior Advisor, Business Strategies and Solution Owner, you will align upgrades to the banking platform and its ecosystem. You will help define and develop strategic planning and monitoring activities, and track business plans and performance. You will establish targets and identify service delivery improvement opportunities, and support the design and delivery of business strategies and solutions in line with the business architecture of the various projects or as part of the transformation and development of Desjardins Group. More specifically, you will be in charge of supporting the Modernization of the Banking Ecosystem Division by acting as guardian of the banking platform and its upgrades. You will carry out your duties, while maintaining an overview of the banking platform, its components and integration in its ecosystem and while ensuring consistency of upgrades with business objectives and the integrated banking business architecture target.You will assume a leadership role when interacting with various stakeholders on files and projects requiring innovative, strategic and complex input and development. The type of initiatives requires in-depth and extensive expertise in the banking field as well as the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.You will make recommendations on the development and delivery of files and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity that require analysis and a comprehensive, detailed understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical, and you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders in a variety of fields. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.You will serve as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field, and act as a contact and coach for decision-making bodies. You will work closely with the primary stakeholders from the personal, business, wealth management and life and health insurance sectors as well as our information technology colleagues.
- Oversee the development and updating of banking platforms, peripherals and ecosystem by mastering its capabilities and functionalities and maintaining an overview of the upgrades underway and needed.
- Develop oversight mechanisms regarding arbitration of upgrades, both as projects and as resolution of operational issues, in order to attain business objectives.
- Participate in solution upgrade projects and produce deliverables for which you are responsible, specifically as product owner.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, engineering or technology management
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the financial service industry, in-depth knowledge of management of financial products such as financing, savings, financial management, etc.
- Experience in project mode, specifically in organizational transformation with marked interest for technology
- Experience in the management and deployment of profitable initiatives and projects
- Experience in playing an influential role with stakeholders
- Experience working in a consulting firm (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- In-depth knowledge of management of financial products such as financing, savings, financial management, etc.
- Expert proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal