(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a senior advisor, you help optimize process efficiency and contribute to the continuous improvement of services. You support the manager with the coordination and planning of design, configuration and administration requests, and upgrade computer processes, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization's needs.More specifically, as part of the creation of a new central office for shared development services, you support the Central Office and Development Frameworks, Tools and Practices Department with cross-sector projects, strategic planning and change management in collaboration with the various partnering technology sectors.You take on a leadership and influencer role in dealings with various stakeholders regarding the business relationship as well as development and strategic, complex cross-sector and highly innovative initiatives. You help develop and recommend strategic directions. The nature of the files requires in depth and extensive expertise in your field. You make recommendations on software development and best practices in relation to the creation of a central office. This requires an analysis and in depth understanding of the organization as well as of the operational processes.Coordination is critical. You frequently interact with a very large number of stakeholders covering all the fields of the software development cycle. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential.You serve as a specialized consultant and content expert in your field, including services for development teams and skills development. You act as a resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
General Information on the Position
- Lead specialized development projects, initiatives and activities that could significantly impact the entire organization.
- Advise and assist clients with positioning, planning, development, performance and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility.
- Monitor the industry to understand and anticipate trends in your field of expertise and make appropriate recommendations to develop best practices for the organization.
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support the unit's strategic projects and initiatives.
- Develop performance tracking indicators and methods. Identify problems and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Negotiate agreements, if necessary, with companies' or external organizations' decision-making bodies.
- Frequently represent the unit in dealings with various senior management committees and decision‑making bodies.
- Serve as a resource person for unit members and clients.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience supporting software development teams
- Experience in a DevOps, Agile or Lean environment
- Experience in a multi-application, cloud-based and continuous delivery environment
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- ITILv4 certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow, Jira ServiceDesk, Confluence and Microsoft 365 technologies (an asset)
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal