(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior advisor, corporate strategy for a major financial institution, you contribute to strategic planning and to various complex strategic reflection projects.You analyze issues in light of the business requirements and context, and help identify and evaluate strategic options, while also being involved in the facilitation process leading to their selection. You also carry out analyses and activities related to acquisitions and partnerships.You are required to intervene in complex cases (e.g., FinTech, functional strategies, M&A) and to interact directly with the management committee. You are responsible for development activities and projects and mandates pertaining to your field of expertise. You may be asked to supervise, coordinate and lead teams of junior advisors.
- Serve as a leader and subject matter expert regarding the analysis of strategic issues for mandates whose scope and impact are significant and may be felt widely across Desjardins Group. Coordinate a team of professionals for most mandates.
- Advise and assist other divisions with positioning, development, execution, implementation and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility.
- Monitor the insurance industry to understand and anticipate trends (e.g. InsurTech, competitors' niches, consumers' expectations) and make recommendations to foster development of best practices for the organization.
- Represent the administrative unit before senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Make sure that methodologies and tools are used efficiently to achieve project and mandate objectives and develop performance indicators and monitoring approaches. Identify problems and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support the unit's strategic projects and mandates.
- Negotiate agreements, if necessary, with companies' or external organizations' decision-making bodies.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in Buisness Administration or in a related field (an asset)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience developing strategies, including experience working for a management/strategy consulting firm in a team management role
- Experience providing advisory services to large business clients
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance sectors (an asset)
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal