(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a Senior Advisor, IT Strategy, you help develop plans and business intelligence; monitor business plans and performance; set targets; identify opportunities to improve service delivery; and design and deliver business strategies and solutions aligned with the business architecture of various initiatives, including the organizational transformation and shift. You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
More precisely, you will provide direct support to the Vice-President, Performance and User Experience. You will be actively involved in spearheading the division’s transformation initiatives to introduce new methods. You will provide leadership in the development of a master plan and for continuous performance management. You will coordinate the cascade of information and the alignment of the division’s employees with the objectives, by means of various meetings or events. Lastly, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the roadmap for the digital and modern work environment of Desjardins Group’s 47,000 employees.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Eight years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in strategy or related degree (MSc), an asset
- Consulting firm experience in management/strategy
- Experience in playing an influential role with senior management
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Understanding of technology, architecture, user experience and performance (an asset)
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal