(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10You serve as an expert in IT supplier governance for the department.Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in Desjardins components as well as external IT suppliers.You lead and influence others in carrying out your activities. You participate in strategic, highly complex and cross-sector initiatives.
General Information on the Position
- Maintain and improve business relationships with IT suppliers.
- Serve as a specialist for the organization's units and various stakeholders in matters relating to your area of expertise.
- Help the department set targets and identify opportunities to enhance the roles and responsibilities of IT supplier and asset management resources.
- Oversee, coordinate and carry out a range of strategic and complex initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the members of your unit, supplier governance sectors and the departments involved.
- Advise and support the team in carrying out the projects.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's activities.
- Establish an improvement and optimization plan for processes, activities, structures and the governance model.
- Stay on top of trends and best supplier management practices and serve as an agent of change in your area of expertise.
- Ensure consistency and balance between partners' needs and compliance with existing standards and best practices.
- Participate, if applicable, in the negotiation of agreements with decision-making bodies of external businesses or organizations in your field of expertise.
- Ensure that practices, procedures, methodologies and tools are used efficiently and that business plan objectives are met.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in supplier management or governance, project management, or business analysis
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Familiarity with IT operating infrastructure and/or mass printing (an asset)
- Understanding of life cycles in the management of IT suppliers and contracts (an asset)
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal