(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a tax and accounting technician, you provide administrative and operational support to the organization. You strive to maximize operational profitability and productivity by adapting procedures and equipment. This may include working in one or more sub-specialties, such as data entry, data processing and verification of database data integrity.In this role, you will produce and analyze T1 and T3 tax returns, financial statements, reports, accounting entries, accrual calculations, and tax slips for estate settlements, trust administration files and files for incapacitated persons.You serve as technical expert and provide discipline-specific support for your unit’s activities, initiatives and processes. The ability to tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential. You research and analyze processes, information management and data processing.You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve technically complex problems and recommend ways to change or adjust methods and procedures to make them as effective and efficient as possible.You serve as resource person for your unit’s activities.
- Provide technical support for projects and complex operational issues.
- Carry out specialized technical studies, research and analysis, and serve as resource person for the submission of solutions and action plans.
- Roll out and maintain software as well as manual and automated processes, and provide user training.
- Draft technical notes to help improve the skills and knowledge of users and their work teams.
- Help practitioners follow your unit’s standards and processes and use its business solutions, tools and systems.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the unit's activities.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 2
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in accounting or a related field
- At least three years’ experience in accounting, finance or taxation
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Command of Excel, advanced intermediate level
- Command of a taxation software - Taxprep (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Drive results, Situational adaptability
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
FCDQ-MTL-SEPB 575 Garde de valeurs-Gestion privée