Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to providing you with career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization of human dimension
The service of culture, recreation, sport and social development, is looking for Candidates to hold a position of:
technician in library
Permanent posts | Regular partial
Easily accessible, the network of the nine Laval libraries offers activities, documents and services varied for all ages and tastes, in physical or virtual spaces designed for Allow citizens to take full advantage of it.
As a library technician, you will be called upon to welcome and make animation to various clienteles, to enhance the documentary resources and technological, and to contribute to the library's influence in its neighborhood.
- can significantly contribute to neighborhood life, participating and creating activities for out-of-the-wall events ( Ex.: Neighborhood parties) and coordinating the demands of local organizations.
- Participate in local consultation tables, in collaboration with the manager, and offer opportunities for partnerships.
- Be skillful to set up and animate a variety specific activities with public targeted library (eg. : Game tournaments, coding workshops, techno and digital workshops).
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of collections.
- Accompany and / or train employees and Users in the use of physical and virtual collections.
The desired profile
- have completed a documentation technique
- own two (2) years of work experience;
- be available from day, evening and weekend.
- Germaine Library Guèvremont: 2900, boul. From the West Concorde
- Library Laure-Conan: 4660, boul. Laurentides
for the Germaine Guèvremont library:
- Week 1: Monday from 13:15 to 21:00, Tuesday from 13:15 to 21:00, Thursday from 9:30 to 17:15, Friday from 9:30 to 17:15
- week 2: Saturday from 9h30 to 17h15, Sunday from 9h30 to 17h15 , Thursday from 9:30 to 17:15, Friday from 13:15 to 21:00
- Week 3: Monday from 13:15 to 21:00, Tuesday from 13:15 to 21:00, Thursday from 9:30 to 17:15, Friday from 9:30 to 17:15
for Laure-Conan library
- week 1: Saturday from 9:15 to 17:15, Sunday from 9:15 to 17:15, Thursday from 9:00 to 16:30, Friday from 13:30 to 21:00
- Week 2: Monday from 12:30 to 21:00, Tuesday from 13:30 to 21:00, Wednesday from 9:00 to 16:30, Thursday from 9:00 to 16:30
- Week 3: Monday of 12:30 to 21:00, Tuesday from 13:30 to 21:00, Wednesday from 9:00 to 16:30, Friday from 9:00 to 16:30
Here's what we offer you:
- a salary starting at $ 25.47 / hour up to $ 39.18 / hour;
- A work schedule of 27 hours a week;
- The possibility of working among a network of new libraries renowned for its dynamism and its innovations.
Take part in change with us!
Apply before the July 28, 2021 by going to the .
The city of Laval applies a program to access equality into employment. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities,ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share special arrangements necessary, if you are